Sunday, February 1, 2009

Ice is not always nice

Just like everyone else in Jonesboro, the ice storm was not exactly what we expected. We had power until Tuesday at 7:00pm. We have a gas log fireplace so we camped out in the living room. The boys thought that it was neat, but mom on the other hand.... Wednesday we made the best day we could. The boys played, we took good naps and then found out the the pharmacy Brian works at had power so we heaed there. He has Wednesday off so we did not have to do anything, just visit. We went to get some food and then went home to darkness again. By Thursday AM, I had had enough. I packed the boys up and went to my parents house in Ward (between Beebe and Cabot) They had power, heat and a nice warm shower!! I felt like I was coming home from college because i took our laundry not knowing when we might get power back. Brian worked Thursday and when he got home we had power!!!! I was so excited. The boys and I came back Friday afternoon to a warm home, lights, warm water and the feeling of home. You don't realize what you have until you don't have it anymore. I am more greatful now for the things we take for granted everyday. My boys thought it was fun but watching TV was not an option. They have made up for it in the last 2 days though.

I know there are still some people without power and I pray for them every night. I pray that the crews get things back and that they are safe doing it.

The boys will always remember this and we so excited to be able to flip a switch and the lights come on. I will remember it too so that I don't take my life and the things I have for granted.

No comments: